Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gifts from God

Today a friend of mine shared with me an article of a young lady who tragically died this weekend from a pile up on an interstate... as I read the article I couldn't help notice but to see the joy in her sister's words as she talked about how sweet and giving her little sister was. Even at the end she donated all the organs they could save and she was able to give the gift of life to several people. Though her family is devastated by the loss of this beautiful young woman, they can see how God blessed them with her in their life!

Tonight on facebook I read the post of a mom who has a child with Autism... in her words she was asking for others to explain how they could feel blessed with having a child with Autism. She said she hated Autism, she feared for her child's future, she was scared of what her child would encounter at school... but even in her words, through her anger I read the love and joy she had for her son. Even though everyday is a challenge for this mom, in the end when she looks at her son she looks past the autism and sees how God blessed her with him!

Yesterday I saw a plea from a friend asking  "I know God has a plan. I believe that, however it is difficult to understand when He takes someone so young and you see the pain and sorrow that the family and friends are experiencing" In her plea she ended with a prayer asking God to help us all to understand.

It is amazing that in 3 stories of sadness each person saw God working in their life. I wish I could pull a verse from the bible that helps in time of grief, despair or sadness... but in all honest there is only one thing that can pull you from grief, sadness, despair, depression and that is God.

Even if your first instinct isn't to turn to God, He is there already! Even if you aren't calling out to Him for guidance, He is still guiding you. God is always there for you... and though your prayers might not be answered the way YOU asked, I want to remind you that God knows what is best for us and HE is answering your prayer in a way that is best for YOU!

I have been blessed to see God work in my life several times, but nothing like when I almost lost Samantha when she was born or when I almost died before being diagnosed with Celiac. I can look back now and remember moments in those crisis when God was guiding me and I didn't realize it. I can remember now exact times when He interceded when I wasn't making the right decisions for me. I thank God that He not only saved Samantha and gave me back my life, but that He has also given me a chance to recognize the work He has done in my life.

I pray for each of you that you don't have to wait until your crisis is over to see God working in your life, but that you can see Him lifting you, guiding you, loving you and caring for you each step of your path!

Serving Him Faithfully,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment