Friday, August 9, 2013

Oh What A Night...

Women's Night was a HUGE hit... room was packed, ladies were ready to have a GNO! And once again I have to say... Russian's Do It BIG. The Russian team that is also serving at the Oasis right now was responsible for the service, music and craft... little did they realize that they would be such a huge hit that the Russian/Chechen ladies would want their pictures take with them and their singing would be video taped for later listening. It was amazing to watch it all happened... the funny thing is I had the greatest seat in the house! For some reason I end up being the "bouncer" at the door for the programs to keep unruly people out or Men out since tonight's ministry was for Women ONLY! I had one guy try to pass off that he was gay in the hopes I would let him in?!?! For those of you that know me well - I know that me being the "bouncer" or "heavy weight" or the person saying "No" isn't a stretch... I tend to hold that role a few other places in my life. Hopefully I do it in a gentle and kind way...

As the night rolled on it started to storm... lightening first with a little bit of rain and then a lot of rain just before we had to catch the train. I LOVE God's sense of humor... I asked for cooler weather and BOY did we get it. I laugh because He sent it with the rain... Mind you the missionaries tell us it never rains, let a lone storms. So as I sit in my room right now and I watch the lightening show continue I can't help but laugh that within our first week of serving we have been a part of the HOTTEST weather in 10 years and now they are getting dumped with rain. Hope they don't ask us to leave because we seem to have brought the bad weather with us (hehehe!).

All teasing a side - today was a GREAT day! Serving a FULL day, both kids are healthy, and we got to spend a lot of time with NEW Friends from Around the Country. LOVE IT! Blessed Beyond Words!!

Thanks again everyone for continuing to pray for us!!

God Bless,
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment