Watching the kids club today it reminded me how God provides what we need when we need it... a saying that I always say to my kids and to myself because it reminds me to not want more than I have and to calm myself in those moments fear is bigger than I am.
I have never had a car that I choose because of the style or even the color... I have always purchased a car that was in the price range that I could afford and that had the best gas mileage and consumer rating... then what was also available as a gently used car. Sometimes I wish I could pick the car I want, even just the color I want but then I remember the purpose of the car... Transportation. Simply just for transportation.
Life is that simple - if you so choose to live it that way. Being happy with what you have, remembering everything you have (simple or extravegent, what you picked or what was given to you) was given to you by God.
The kids sit in front of me and as I look at my quickly growing son I wonder how the parents provide these kids with the clothes they are wearing. Kids clothing room is only every 3 weeks and not always plentiful with all sizes. But when you look at these kids you can see they are dressed... shirt, pants, skirt, undergarments, shoes... everything we NEED to clothe our selves is provided. There is no fashion show, no comparing each other to what we look like, clothing is used as what it was meant to be - covering of our bodies - SIMPLE.
Makes me sad how much money I have spent for the gym shoes that had to be the right color, or the shirt that would just match a certain pair of pants. Lots of times my kids have been teased because they wear simple clothes... no crazy or fashionable designs. Sam has been teased for not being girlie enough. I am thankful and blessed that they are living the SIMPLE life... being satisfied with what they have and not searching for more then they need or others want them to have.
I pray these kids (and my kids) never have to feel they need more than what they have... that God IS providing what they need. From head to toe - they are covered
Just a few thoughts that were in my mind today :-)
Jeni

No comments:
Post a Comment