Friday, December 2, 2011

In Awe of God

Over a year ago we started to attend a new church, through our transition I was hesitant to jump in and get involved, next thing I know I am in the middle of an Awanas group that is praying for the program that night... some how I found myself as an Awana leader??

Then there was a weekend where Community Groups were being explained... and why joining a group of other Christians would help us grow stronger on our path with God, but honestly at that time I was still not wanting to jump in to quickly and get to know new people. When we were asked to fill out the Community Group card and drop it in the offering plate I did with a hesitation but then said a quick prayer... "God, may your will be done here, because honestly I don't want to do this!" Dropped the card in and then a few weeks later we were placed in a Couples Group.

Tonight that group came around the 4 of us to pray for us and the trip we are about to embark on. Hesitation after hesitation, but thank God that His WILL is always done above mine, because I would have missed so many opportunities to have met new people, been changed by those experiences, and prayed over by them.

Thank you God for ALWAYS knowing what is best for me and thank you GOD for blessing me with such amazing, loving, caring and compassionate friends...throughout my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment