Wow - in just 24 hours we will be on a plane heading to Austria! How did this day come so quickly, actually how did this day even come about??
I guess you could say it started during WWII. My fathers family ran away in the middle of the night and headed towards Austria for safety and freedom. See if they didn't escape my grandfather would have been taken and forced to be a part of the German military... When they finally landed in Austria, they landed at a refugee camp.
As a kid I remember my dad talking about the missionaries that would come to the camp and bring 1cent bubble gum and play soccer with them. So I guess you could say it all started when my dad met those missionaries.
So what has happened since that day, well I guess you could say God's will has been done... because the first time I mentioned to my father that I was going to head to Austria on a mission he thought I was crazy. I think his words were "Why are you heading back there when we fought so hard to leave there?" At the time I just felt the calling to go back to Austria and serve, to make an impact on the refugees lives like a missionary did on my dad.
Two mission trips later and a plea to my family that I want them to go and to experience what I have experienced and Rob came to me one day and said he thought it was time we all went together. Honestly at first I thought they just got tired of hearing me talk about the Oasis team, the refugees I met and the lessons I learned... but as a family we prayed to make sure this was truly God's will for us and not ours.
And now we are here... a year later, after several prayers said for guidance, support, encouragement, strength, wisdom, patience, grace... I could go on! He is sending us. We responded to His call for us to go, and He is blessing us in so many ways.
Our response to His call started over 60 years ago... how cool is that?!? What about you? Is God calling you to do something, are you hearing him? Not sure if He is calling you or what you should do? Pray! and pray some more... because He will guide you.
My prayer for each of you is that you can see God working in your life, that you can hear His calling for you, and that you let Him guide you. Let his Will be done!
Serving Him Faithfully,
Jeni
Jeni,
ReplyDeleteI wish you and your family the best on your mission trip! I think it's great that you are able to do this with your kids. It the perfect time for your family to do this. The kids are not to old or too young. They are the perfect ages and temperment. As you know, with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, we sometimes forget we are part of something larger. I'm so glad you are able to experience this with your family and I'm sure it will be a positive one!!
Blessings from the Healy family!!
Jeni,
ReplyDeleteAs I pray, I am picturing you, Rob, and the kids....in the clothing room, serving food and drinks, playing games, just being present with those who enter The Oasis....sharing Jesus, sharing His love.
Travel safely, friends. May you be blessed even as you are a blessing.
Maureen